2.4K views

I find this commercial offensive, degrading to Fathers, and uncomfortable to watch. There is no worthy purpose in airing this commercial: to see a child demean his father in ripping off the #1 sign off his father's hat, is so uncomfortable.

It does NOT make me laugh. Why does Little Caesars want to make such emotional stabs against hard working fathers? It is those fathers that BUY that pizzas in the first place, not the child. Think about it, you are biting the hand that buys the pizza in the first place.

What was the purpose for this commercial anyway? Please take down that commercial now!

Review about: Little Caesars Commercial.

Reason of review: Offensive #1 Dad commercial .

Preferred solution: Stop airing the offensive commercial .

Comments

#1501965

Loved the commercial! Bring it back!

I thought it was hilarious.

I don't think this commercial is being aired anymore. I see new commercials from LC now, so I think they have moved on. It was kinda funny and I can't believe all the paranoid people who freaked out over it.

I think the commercial is very funny. Lighten up.

You all need to get a sense of humor. The commercial is hilarious...

Just like all Little Caesar's Pizza commercials. It's a joke.

They aren't even running it anymore. They have moved on to another commercial.

Ditto

The last thing that commercial makes me want to do is buy a pizza from you !

You really need to stop being so close minded this had nothing to do with this son demeaning his dad, its a joke that the dad made an impulse buy and spent too much money where he could have gotten better pizza at a better rate and more for his money. So with that being said he's not a # 1 pizza dad, but #1pizza dad sounds like bad English, so there's ur #1 dad.

Only mistake they made was thinking that they were dealing with a bunch of smart people, and not a bunch of ignorant *** who like the fight about everything. There's more important things going on in the world and this is what you find time to bitch about.

Stop watching so much TV and do something productive like help somebody or some charity or just do a good deed and be a good person. Fight for real tragedies not fake tv commercials that no one cares about.

to Letting u know ur stupid #1408555

Thank you for your opinion. I find the commercial offensive.

I started to write a simple response to some of the points made in your post but as I read it again, another thought surfaced. I noticed the title of this post and wrongly assumed anyone bold enough to title a post ,"letting u know ur stupid", would themselves be smart. Before we deal with the content of this travesty, we need to address the syntax. (Syntax refers to the way we organize words into coherent sentences that others can easily understand.) (Coherent means logical.) Okay sweetie, are you with me so far?

Here's your first sentence/run on/sentence;

Here it is corrected for syntax etc..

You need to stop being close minded. This had nothing to do with the son demeaning the dad. ( the rest of the passage is too convoluted to simply punctuate. I have tried to write what I believe you meant) It was intended as a joke.

The son thought the father could have made a smarter purchase.

Here we go with number two sentence/run on/sentence; So with that being said he's not a # 1 pizza dad, but #1pizza dad sounds like bad English, so there's ur #1 dad. Corrected version; There is no way to correct this. It's complete garbage unworthy of the effort. Let's continue .

Only mistake they made was thinking that they were dealing with a bunch of smart people, and not a bunch of ignorant *** who like the fight about everything. Corrected? Maybe? The only mistake they made was assuming the target audience would be intelligent enough to understand the intent.

(heavily edited) The phrase, "who like the fight about everything," is beyond my skills to correct. I don't know where to start. Shall we continue? There's more important things going on in the world and this is what you find time to *** about.

Corrected; There are more important things in the world than this commercial. Please stop complaining. Next up! Stop watching so much TV and do something productive like help somebody or some charity or just do a good deed and be a good person.

Corrected at; ( I know, I know) Find time for more productive things than TV. Try giving back to your community in a meaningful way. There are a myriad of ways we can help others. Crap, that was exhausting.

Now, allow me to opine concerning the content of your objectionable post. Your accusation that some people may be close minded is a bit hypocritical considering you are being close minded. To believe you opinion is the only right one is, by definition, close minded. Perhaps you thought close minded referred to the state of mind you were in during English class.

The fact that some people found the content of the commercial to be demeaning and offensive is true. It's how they perceived it. Their opinions are valid based on what they saw and heard. They used life experience, logic, and a reasonable moral compass to formulate a view that is defensible.

That means they can tell you why they are offended, not simply that they are offended. Your post lacks all of the ingredients of a defensible position. If you want to be respected in the "adult world", which I'm certain you struggle in, your position needs to be based on something more than emotion. I'm skipping the whole #1 dad part.

To address it would be like beating a child. I would serve no real purpose other than to alleviate the rage of the parent. Did you get many beatings? I bet you did!

Were you hit in the head? I apologize, I'm just making a point. Little Caesars made a mistake. They assumed every parent was an enabling doormat.

Or perhaps it was meant as joke. The intent is irrelevant at this point. They are dealing with many types of consumer. Some are intelligent and some are not.

They need to reach a wide demographic and sometimes it doesn't work. That's it. I agree there are more important things in the world. Thank you for pointing that out.

Intelligent, well round individuals know this without you telling them. They are capable of posting an opinion and helping in the community. I didn't read many of the other post but the only person I saw "***" was you. Oh yea, you might want to refrain from telling people their time is unwisely wasted by posting their opinions by unwisely wasting your time posting your opinion.

There are more important things going on in the world. At least that's what you so eloquently told us. Here we agree on the content of your post.Too much TV can be an impediment. I would suggest a few commas and a period or two.

If you're uncertain about their placement, just write a few words and throw one in. Even random placement of punctuation marks would be an improvement. Now, I want you to consider the following; Little Caesars wants to know how folks feel about their commercials. They don't wan't to offend.

If they do upset consumers, they want to know so they can rectify the issue. This keeps people from not buying their product simply due to a misunderstanding. This is how adults communicate. We let our opinions be known in a reasonable, defensible way.

Companies make choices about what they sell and how they market those products based on how we respond to those choices. I know it's very complicated for you but it's the truth. If you want to be taken seriously by other grown ups, you might consider some of the points discussed above. If not, the only job you will ever have is slinging pizza for Little Caesars.

On a side note, I know there are grammatical and probably spelling and heaven knows what else wrong with this post. I appreciate any corrections you might want to make.

to Teresa K #1425393

Possibly the best dressing down I've witnessed..... wow, nice job!

to Ryanio kertesz #1460049

Thank you Sir. I just could not let it go unanswered.

to Letting u know ur stupid #1424359

Hey letting you know your stupid,

#1 Dad didn't use bad English. He just used the word off twice in a sentence, and I'm sure it was a typo.

You on the other hand did in paragraph 2, sentence 1 when you should have said "to fight".

That wasn't the only thing that let us know you are stupid. It was also the fact that you judged this #1 Dad for posting an opinion. He is right. He could be a single Dad who's son watched the commercial and laughed making him feel uncomfortable.

Kids are exposed to enough media that teaches them to disrespect adults that the last thing we need is a tv commercial using the same content to sell pizza. This especially rings true when the last ad they aired catered specifically to family's.

If this wasn't true it wouldn't have stopped airing.

Those things seem to run for years already. Lol

to Cass Mason #1424362

PS. We get the impulse buy thing people.

We are adults.

Do you think a child will?

Little Casesars is run by liberals, what more can you expect from ***?

I agree this is a very offending commercial. I change the channel every time it comes on. Hopefully, they get the message that offensive is not funny.

This commercial with the son taking the dad emblem off his dad's hat is the ULTIMATE all time Stupid, Insulting commercial I have ever witnessed. SHAME ON YOU for keeping this ad running. I would NEVER buy your pizzas...

to Grandma Mary #1386411

U started outright by saying this was the stupidest commercial ever then you lost it how is it insulting to you?? They're actors do you think this little kid would really do that to his dad. N Grandma u can't even eat pizza

to Letting u know ur stupid #1460060

Wow! Are you so vulnerable and weak that attacking a Grandma is your thing?

I posted a response to your original post. I didn't get attacked. How are you when you run across some one who can eat pizza? I welcome a response from you.

Do you "got the guts?" Yep, I'm calling you out.

Get a few periods and commas together so I can make sense of your dribble and let me have it! I'm Teresa K.

to Grandma Mary #1460059

Very well stated Mary. It's nice to see a kindred spirit.

I assume the commercial was a mistake on their part. If they retract it, that's the proof I need and will buy their pizza. I hate not to reward good behavior.

I do however respect your position. Keep on doing your thing Mary and congrats on being a Grandma.